Dr. Asthana is interested in clinical psychopharmacology and neuroendocrinology of gonadal steroids and cholinergic drugs in Alzheimer’s disease and healthy aging
- Cognitive and neuroendocrine effects of estrogen and testosterone administration in Alzheimer’s disease and healthy aging.
- Potential beneficial effects of estrogen and testosterone treatment on performance-based measures of independent living skills for healthy older adults as well as those with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Identification of biological markers for therapeutic responsivity to estrogen for women with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Evaluation of therapeutic efficacy of raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM), in subjects with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Cholinergic drugs: Clinical psychopharmacology studies in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Clinical pharmacokinetics and neuroendocrinology of cholinergic drugs in subjects with AD.